Saturday, January 15, 2011

JACLYN SMITH: "I WANT TO SEE IF SOMEWHERE THERE ISN'T SOMETHING LEFT IN LIFE OF CHARM AND GRACE" - GONE WITH THE WIND





For years she has been voted one of the most beautiful women in the world and today, it still holds absolutely true. JACLYN SMITH is the epitome of grace, class, insane beauty and a true example that pure goodness is the best cosmetic ever. She is ageless, timeless and nothing can stop her energy which continues to churn out success after success. No one deserves it more.


Jaclyn with Cheryl Ladd in 2010...her beauty shines even brighter now...

Born in Houston, Texas, Jaclyn moved to NY after college to become a ballerina. She found herself extremely successful, however, in the modeling business. She became one of the legendary "Breck girls" for Breck shampoo and then for Wella Balsam. As everyone knows, Jaclyn was cast as "Kelly Garrett" in "Charlie's Angels" and went on to be the only original female lead to remain through the entire historic run from 1976-1981. This show put her beyond the map as her likeness was on every kind of merchandise from dolls to trading cards, to puzzles to the cover of Time Magazine and countless others. Jaclyn went on to do over thirty TV movies and received a well-deserved Best Actress Golden Globe nomination in 1981 for the TV movie "Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy."
Jaclyn was the host of Bravo's "Shear Genius" for two seasons and most recently appeared in "Law & Order: SVU" in March 2010.

In the 1980's Jaclyn began creating and marketing her own brands of clothing and perfume and introduced her own collection of women's apparel for Kmart. Jaclyn was the true pioneer of celebrity designed brands as opposed to just being the face of a brand. She cares deeply for designing a beautiful product for the masses at an affordable price. She teamed with Max Factor and created a scent called Jaclyn Smith California which was named best mass produced fragrance in 1989. The same year, Jaclyn received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. More than 100 million women have purchased a piece of her signature label. WWD reported her line had the highest consumer awareness of any private label apparel brand in the country.

Here, GS&E shares the most fabulously informative and EXCLUSIVE beauty interview with this luminous icon:


WHAT INSPIRES YOU THAT YOU FIND BEAUTIFUL?

The main inspiration in my life has been my mother, who was still beautiful in her nineties. She taught me that to be beautiful on the outside, you must be beautiful on the inside; that the eyes are important in telling the story. I learned that beauty is also about how you act, how you treat others, and how you treat yourself. She would say "Pretty is as pretty does."

DO YOU HAVE AN EVERYDAY OR EVERY NIGHT BEAUTY RITUAL?

I have followed the same simple beauty routine my entire life. It consists of washing and moisturizing my face twice a day, morning and night. My day cream contains a good sunscreen, and my night cream contains Retinol or Retin-A. It is all about the products you choose. Occasionally I use a night cream without Retinol to give my skin a rest, and I exfoliate about once a week. A more detailed description of my skincare routine can be found on my website: www.jaclynsmithbeauty.com. Maintaining your skin requires a good routine, and you must practice it every day. It should be simple, so you don't become a slave to your routine. Most people who start a new routine will be good in the beginning but then not keep it. Being consistent is the number one trick in maintaining your skin. Many women
also change their products way too often. Find good, high quality products and stick with them; you don't need to follow every new trend.

WHERE IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACE YOU HAVE EVER BEEN?

To me, my home is the most beautiful place in the world. More importantly, it is my safe place, and my haven. Even when it is chaotic, it is still my number one place.

A BEAUTY SECRET TO SHARE?

We already talked about the importance of following a simple beauty routine and using good products. As been said before, "less is more." Too often I see women applying way too much makeup. I like to dye my eyelashes. This means even if I am running out the door without time to apply mascara, or at night when I remove my makeup, my eyes are still dark and defined, and as we said above, the story is in the eyes. I also put a tissue under my eye if I am applying mascara to the lower lashes, so my mascara doesn't flake and leave little dots under my eyes.


Such incredible Jaclyn Smith beauty detail! Love it!

In 2008, Jaclyn moved into home furnishings with Jaclyn Smith Today, a line of bedding and bath accessories. And soon to be released in February 2011, comes the launch of Jaclyn Smith Beauty...something I think many millions have been waiting for! A face care formula that is exactly what she uses everyday in her daily routine. Seven amazing products soon to be released next month. Maybe she sprinkled her magic endless beauty secret into these tubes! Aren't you hoping there is a pre-order button on her site??

Jaclyn is an inspiration not just for her physical perfection, but for her passion to create affordable beauty and her love for charity. She represents what true class is and has always been. She continues to prove that it never did get better than Jaclyn Smith since Kelly Garrett appeared. And she is deeply in love with her dogs! That says it all.






"Angels are like diamonds. They can't be made, you have to find them. Each one is unique." - Jaclyn Smith

Perfectly said. We found one. And she is not just an actress that plays one.

"Fiddledee dee" - Scarlett O'Hara

XOXOX

www.jaclynsmith.com

www.jaclynsmithbeauty.com



1 comment:

  1. Hello Jaclyn,

    Thank you for the tip on applying mascara on the lower lashes. I've always struggled with that. I will try your technique. I always enjoy reading about you. GOD has blessed your Career. He has opened doors (opportunities) for you and you have walked through them so gracefully and successfully. GOD BLESS YOU Jaclyn.

    Sincerely,
    Beverly Ward

    ReplyDelete